This is a growing list of books and other resources that have helped us learn about systems.
The book that will transform your thinking depends on where you are, more than which book you read. Pick a few that speak to you.
- Critical Systems Thinking and the Management of Complexity
- Dynamics in Action (2002)
- General Systems Theory
- How Buildings Learn
- Lectures on Perception
- On The Design of Stable Systems
- Quality Software Management, Vol 1: Systems Thinking
- Shanzhai: Deconstruction in Chinese (2017)
- Vehicles: Experiments in Synthetic Psychology
- Why Things Bite Back
- Thinking in Systems: A Primer (2008)